Where has September gone? As Summer officially comes to a close, the school year is in full swing. Here’s what’s up:
- Students have an inventory poem due tomorrow, Thursday September 23. The assignment is on the 521A page.
- We are continuing our exploration of poetry. We read “Poetry” by Pablo Neruda as well as “Did I Miss Anything?” by Tom Wayman, Each poems can be found in your Echoes 11 text.
- Any corresponding sheets can be found in the binder in Mr. Tierney’s classroom.
- The poetry unit will begin to move quickly now that review is out of the way. Be sure to keep up, and ask me any questions you may have.
- Also, students are responsible for reading a novel from the list of required reading. They are well into the exercise and should be reading for 20 to 30 mins per night.
- Students have completed a Short Story Unit. The following are the titles each student is responsible for: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty; A Girl’s Story; The Singing Silence; Glory In The Flower; and Saturday Climbing.
- Each story has been read and discussed in class. If there is any confusion, it is the student’s responsibility to meet with Mr. Tierney outside of class time. Mornings or after school are the most productive.
- Your Literary Essay evaluation is due September 30th. The assignment can be found on the 621A page.
- Also, your first assignment for your chosen novel study is due Monday, September 28th.
- Students will have ample class time Thursday and Friday to begin the writing process concerning the essay. However, this IS NOT an in class essay. Be sure not to leave this significant piece of evaluation to the last minute.
- Students should be reading 20 to 30 mins per night.
It’s taken me a while to get up to speed. We’ve all had to adjust. With October right around the corner, the school year – and your teacher – will begin to quicken. And it’s about time.
Enjoy the remainder of your evening,