I hope everyone is enjoying their extended March break and is well rested. You’ll need to be. Here’s what’s up:
- Grammar presentations will be a “GO” for tomorrow. Be ready. If you catch me early tomorrow morning, I can photocopy whatever you need. (Travis and Nathan & Lewis and Evan)
- Catcher In The Rye novels should be completed by tomorrow. Students have had a month to complete it.
- Socratic Seminars go on March 31st. If you are absent that day, you will write a 1000-1200 word paper as a make-up assignment. (The seminar will be on The class novel).
- We’ll begin Romeo and Juliet Thursday.
- I will begin to mark your Poetry Explications today – you’ll have them by Easter. Maybe.
- TED Talks will be a “GO” for tomorrow. Please be prepared and ready to present. (Nick and Jason (5) & Nicholas Wilkie/ Taylor Lawther and Calvin Parsons (6) ) .
- We’ll continue on with Macbeth. Before the break, we had completed Act I in its entirety. We’ll begin Act II.
- We’ll have to motor to get back on track – that’s going to mean more at home work for you. Please continue to take responsibility for your education.
- Your Essays are marked and in SAS. I’ll return them to you tomorrow. IF you have any questions about them, please come to see me in the morning (when you first arrive), at lunch, or after school. I’m always available (and open) to reviewing your work and the evaluation with you. However, make certain that you have read the rubric attached first, so we can have a directed discussion.
Enjoy the remainder of your day!