Also a song in there somewhere. Here’s what’s up:
- We have been working on our short story unit thus far, concentrating on the elements necessary and included to produce, and study, a piece of writing.
- Themes of self identity, finding a sense of place, and inner strength have all been examined.
- the stories we have read to todate are as follows. Make sure you are caught up:
- The Leap
- My Canada
- Hockey Dreams
- Wing’s Chips
- Rich for a Day (1) OR The Lottery Ticket (2)
If you have not read one or more selections of the above, then you have some work to do. We’ll be reading two more stories if we go tomorrow, if not, we’ll complete the unit on Monday (Dec. 1st)
Friday, Nov. 28th, there is no school for students. Please see the ELSB webpage for more details.
- We have just finished our Fiction Unit.
- Student have written and presented, their Children’s stories.
- We will be beginning our Non-fiction unit in earnest tomorrow, if we go.
- If school is canceled due to weather tomorrow, then we will begin our unit on Monday upon our return.
- We have had two more journal entries to date, bringing the total to 10.
All for now. Enjoy the remainder of your evening and let it snow…
Bluefield High School
942 Colville Rd.
(902) 675- 7480