Here’s What’s Up…
- we looked at two poems this week – Did I miss Anything? (pg. 4 of your Echoes text) and Stopping By Woods (Handout).
- Students analyzed each poem following the guided steps given on the critical analysis hand out. (See 521A page — Dropbox if you don’t have this).
- I will post Frost’s Poem (Stopping by Woods…) on the page as well.
- Please be sure that you are keeping up with the work; bring your questions (and confusion) to class, I’ll help you out.
- For an upcoming class, click on the link below:
- William Ernest Henley was a poet that wrote Invictus – it’s a great poem. Read up on who he was and a little about his life so that you have some prior knowledge heading into the poem. you don’t have to do anything with the material, but read it…
- More on this in the days to come
- Your poetry evaluation will be held on Monday, September 29th.
- We have been writing and viewing many different types of poetry.
- Also, we have been working diligently on effective writing techniques: Writing small (detail), showing vs. telling, timely use of metaphors, and analogies.
- Your poetry anthologies are due Wednesday September, 24.
- You should have two (2) journal entries so far. We’ll complete the third one tomorrow.
- Please be sure to keep-up with the assignments; our aim is to write (and create) each day.
Enjoy your evening,
Bluefield High School
942 Colville Rd.
(902) 675- 7480