The year is winding up and, like all good things, it too must come to an end…but not quite yet. Still much work to be done so here’s what’s up:
- Calendars are out, make sure you’re paying attention to due dates and final assignments
- We finished our Shakespeare unit with Socratic Seminars; marks are in SAS. The rubric is available upon request – I’m available in the morning or after school.
- We’re beginning our research assignment – the assignment is on the 521A page. Due Tuesday May 20th.
- We’ll be testing Turnitin.com. All feedback welcomed.
- We have completed Macbeth – our Shakespeare unit – with Socratic Seminars. Missed the Seminar? You have an essay due.
- Oral rant assignment was assigned (and explained) on Wednesday.
- Students will have a work period today and Tuesday.
- Oral rants are due Wednesday May 21st.
- Rants are expected to be, either, performed in class, or viewed on Youtube. IF you choose youtube, rants MUST play on the school computer when your name is called. I’m not the tech rep., and it IS NOT my problem if you have tech issues. Late penalties apply.
- Debates will be assigned on Monday, May 26th. Not much time left…
Bluefield High School
942 Colville Rd.
(902) 675- 7480