March break will soon be upon us, but there’s still much work to be done. Here’s what’s up:
- Students began poetry on Monday. We looked at “Poetry” (fitting, I know) by Pablo Neruda.
- The worksheet can be found on the Eng. 521 page.
- We began reading Catcher In The Rye. We’ll attempt a Socratic Seminar when completed. Students are to have the novel completed by March 25th.
- We’ll continue with poetry tomorrow – no classes on Friday.
- We have begun our look into essays. So far, students have read an article entitled “Rink Rage” and essay called “Take Me Out of Their Ball Game”.
- Students will continue to explore, analyze, and discuss elements needed to comprise a sound piece of persuasive, creative, narrative, or expository writing.
- Essay analysis will no longer be on Tuesday March 11 – we just won’t have time to get everything in.
- We’ll also analyze, closely, a visual piece, looking specifically for its rhetorical devices.
- As per English 621A outcomes, students will be given a number of different texts, and will be expected to evaluate its use of rhetoric, structure, and persuasive devices.
Enjoy your evening,
Bluefield High School
942 Colville Rd.
(902) 675- 7480