Wow. That’s quite the trio.
- We finished reading The Truth About Lying (368 in your Echoes)
- Students participated in a silent Socratic seminar today – it took a while to get going but, in the end, the result was impressive. Well done to you all.
- We’ll watch Sharkwater tomorrow; it’s a documentary that is persuasive in nature. That will wrap up our unit on essays.
- Students will be writing an in-class literary piece on February 27th (Thursday). Topics will be posted to the blog shortly, check the English 521A page.
- Make sure you are keeping up with the readings. If you’re behind, or have missed time, check the binder, then see me, on your own time, to catch-up.
- Excellent work with the Socratic Seminar today. I think we all came away with a deeper sense of understanding of, perhaps, theme or the literature in general.
- We finished reading the Singing Silence and we’ll move on to The Secret Life of Walter Mitty tomorrow.
- If we get weather tomorrow, the grammar presentations will go Thursday.
- Your in-class essays will be written on Tuesday – that’s a week from now. The topics (assignment) is posted on the 621A page. Don’t leave this until the last minute.
- Make sure you are keeping up with the readings. If you’re behind, or have missed time, check the binder, then see me, on your own time, to catch-up. Here are the pieces we’ve done:
- Glory In the Flower; Forget Prince Charming; The Raft; Saturday Climbing; The Singing Silence, and Walter Mitty.
- Also, keep up with the assignments/exercises that go with the stories, they may contain ideas for your essays.
Enjoy your evening,