Sounds more like a pilgrimage than an English class. Cool, I know. Here’s what’s coming up:
- Your Chaucer unit evaluation will be given out tomorrow during class. It is due on Thursday (Halloween). You will receive a reminder on Wednesday at 4 PM.
- Didn’t receive one? Lost it? Missed class? No problem – there’s a copy on the blog here; check the 621A page.
- We’ll begin Macbeth (that Scottish play) on Wednesday. Head’s up. Ok, that was a bad pun… you’ll get it later.
- Parent/Teacher interviews go Thursday night and Friday, November 7th and 8th respectively.
- Students just completed their inventory poem and handed it in today. For those of you who did not hand in the assignment, late penalties apply.
- We have covered a number of poems so far, and will move steadily through the unit. If you missed any of the poems, check the 521A dropbox. Any questions concerning assignments? Students can drop by, on their own time, for clarification and discussion.
- I’m hoping to have the unit finished by week’s end. You’ll need your Echoes texts for the upcoming classes.
- Your final unit will be a creative project, applying concepts and poetic devices explored during the unit.
- Will take a look at Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet following our unit on poetry.
All for now.
Enjoy your evening,
Bluefield High School
942 Colville Rd.
(902) 675- 7480