It’s that time of year where classes are in full swing. Almost like March madness, only in October. Here’s what’s up:
- Students are in the middle of novel presentations for Catcher In The Rye.
- We have begun a unit on poetry as well. Students looked at a poem by Pablo Neruda and are currently working on their own Inventory Poem.
- Poems will be due Monday, October 28th at the beginning of class.
- Students have been working on their oral rant assignment. They are to be ready go for today. We’ll do a lottery style to see who presents. All students are to be ready to go.
- We looked at Chaucer yesterday, briefly. Your handout is available on the Grade 12 page. You’ll need your Echoes textbook to do this one.
- We’ll look at one of the Canterbury tales during our rants.
- It’s important to acknowledge Chaucer during the course, he was a vital figure in the development of our English language and paved the way for the greats that followed – including Shakespeare.
- We’ll begin Macbeth next week.
Enjoy your day!
Bluefield High School
942 Colville Rd.
(902) 675- 7480