I hope everyone has returned well rested and ready to continue on with their studies. Mid terms are right around the corner – there’s still much work to be done between now and then.
- We looked at an essay today called “Thanks for Not Killing My Son.” It was a powerful persuasive piece.
- Students worked from their textbook – The Act of Writing – analyzing the piece.
- We then discussed the questions, as well as the essay itself, taking note of the devices of Irony and tone.
- We’ll look at another persuasive example tomorrow and Wednesday
- Reminder: Parent/ teacher interviews are Friday
Enjoy the remainder of your evening,